MUSIC    |     ENTERTAINMENT    |     FUN    |     EAT & DRINK    |     TRAVEL
                                                                                         recipes  :  tumblr

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

the X lounge

Charlottesville, Virginia

Suggested by friends as a viable option for a decent late night bite to eat, I was pleasantly surprised at how truly great the food was at the X lounge. The all glass store front is at once modern and inviting. The menu, cleverly divided into sections by price (Three, Five, Seven, Nine, Eleven, Thirteen and Fifteen), is quite compelling.

My companion and I shard the Macaroni and Cabot Cheddar with White Truffles which was likely one of the best Mac & Cheese dishes I’ve had (and that's saying something coming from LA where every new restaurant seems to be trying their hand at a gourmet mac & cheese). Next my friend ordered the Grilled Ahi Tuna with Avocado Salad, Cherry Tomatoes, Soy Sauce and Wasabi. He seemed quite pleased with his dish, but I was so busy enjoying my Trio of Grilled Mini Burgers: Beef - Tuna Loin - Portabello Mushroom (complete with a semi-homemade ketchup, saffron aioli dipping sauce and olive tapenade) that i couldn't be bothered to try it. The burger trio was so good in fact, my friend ordered it after finishing the ahi dish. ..

the X lounge / 313 2nd Street SE / Charlottesville, VA 22902 / Glass Building / 434.244.8439 / the X lounge

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home